SEFI is a not-for-profit organization whose purpose is to encourage and assist young people to become scientists and engineers and to practice their professions in Indiana. The membership of the Board of Directors is composed of volunteers from industry, the not-for-profit sector, and academia who are committed to enhancing science education in Indiana. Our mission statement is embodied in deliverable outcomes.
Specifically, the youth of our state are encouraged and assisted through the following activities.
- Financing the Hoosier Science and Engineering Fair
- Providing financial support for Indiana students and teachers while they attend the Intel International Science Fair
- Conducting "how to" science fair workshops for Indiana teachers
- Soliciting scholarships and awards from Indiana colleges and universities for science fair participants
- Connecting science students to Indiana colleges and universities
- Providing Science Fair information/resources to teachers, parents and students in Indiana
- Supporting the regional science fairs in Indiana